View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #45
SGLL66
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cayenne GTS, 911 GTS & M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
As I read the DVLA guidance notes they say as a reult of the changes, a new car can be driven for 14 days without displaying tax while waiting for it to arrive in the post. If it doesn't arrived within 8 days a post office will be authorised to issue a duplicate.

What am I missing? I can't see how this delays things as the dealer still does the registering, just not the printing.

I can't understand why this is a big deal for some dealers yet a non-issue for others.
Mark that is because the documentation that arrives with the car once it arrives in the UK has to be sent ito the DVLA in order to get the V5 registration documentation. Only when registered can it be taxed.

My dealer has told me that i will get the car as soon as it is registered. It will not be displaying a tax disc in the screen and will have the 14 day grace period from date of registration during which time the tax disc should arrive. The DVLA are saying that if after 8 days you have not received the tax you can apply for a duplicate at certian post offices.

Seems to be that the government has taken a system that worked and is turning it to s**t!!!
Appreciate 0