10-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #15
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I get it...you love your AH3 Kabrich. Good for you but your numbers are way off and distortive. Car & Driver has tested both. The AH3 is quicker 0-60 mph but not the numbers you quote. C&D has the AH3 at 5.0 and the 330e at 5.8. That works out to about 15% faster:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-3-test-review
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

The difference is likely in the size/weight of the battery pack. But the 330e is a plug in and can do lots of local trips on electric only power; the AH3 is not a plug-in and its pure electric range is so slight that it essentially doesn't exist.

If you are buying a car purely for the power then the AH3 is better; but if you are looking for more electric run capacity, and other advantages of a plug-in hybrid (I am grnadfathered into the HOV lanes with the PHEV 330e and would lose that right with the AH3), then the almost as quick 330e looks better.

As I said in another post, different strokes for different folks. If the AH3 suits your needs, enjoy it.
I don't go by 1 source.

I go by multiple sources to get the averages I posted.

To use your words, if you want 1 test result from Car and Driver, go for it.

If you want more real world results you look at multiple tests.

Likewise, if I were looking at 1 Hurricane Model for a Hurricane Matthew last week, the Category 4 Hurricane would be going into the Gulf of Mexico instead of up the East Coast.

BTW, I have test driven a 330e as my lease is up and I know what it feels like in comparison. Have you tested both models? I doubt it.

Or is this like your instances for months that you had active cruise control in your Prius for 10 years when it was not offered in the Prius for half that time?

However, coming from a Prius, I understand how you might like a 330e.

Last edited by Kabrich; 10-04-2016 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0