12-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #72
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
^ Untrue

Let's say you take in a car to a dealership, and the engine belt is loose, or a part is worn out or broken, or your transmission snapped. That's an identifiable problem with a covered part, and they'll repair it under warranty.

But if you take it in, and they find say you poured chocolate syrup in the oil receptacle causing it to fail. This will NOT be covered by warranty.

If you take a car in claiming there is a problem, but that problem cannot be isolated or replicated, what does the dealership do? Turn you away.

In this case neither insurance company nor BMW could find any evidence suggesting it was a mechanical failure (IE sth covered by warranty) and not say, negligence, improper repair, or act of nature. Therefore, BMW owes OP nothing.
In your example you say that BMW gives you a reason to show that it is not that responsibility(i.e: the chocolote syrup.) This is the answer I am ralking about. They need a reason to deny a claim.

In OP`s story BMW says they don`t know the reason for the problem.

If you got your car towed into the dealer and BMW says you that they don`t know what caused the problem so they won`t repair it. What would you do? Wouldn`t you ask for the reason?