View Single Post
      11-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #42
romo10
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Im not so sure about that. I dont know why summer tires play such a huge role with everyone but really its the speed rating of the tire. Lower rating tire lower rating speed thats pretty much it.

235/35 R19 91Y – What Do These Numbers Mean?
We are all pretty familiar with tire sizes, but few understand what those numbers represent, and also what the all that other writing on the sidewalls of your tires means and why it’s important.

Tire Sizes Explained: 235/35 R19 91Y
235 is the tire’s section width (measured at its widest point in MM)
35 is the aspect ratio (the tire’s height is 35% of its section width)
R stands for radial tire. If the R is not present the tire is probably a bias ply tire.
19 is the wheel diameter in inches
91 is the tire’s load rating that it can safely carry – in this case 1356 pounds per tire.
Y is the tire’s speed rating. A “Y” speed rating is good for 186+mph or 300+kph.

My car has the Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season 225/45/R18 91Y. 91y is the key factor its rated to 186mph. And my car is not limited to 130. If you dont believe me here ya go, sorry for the crappy pic but its at 136mph.
I have those same tires lol I really think they messed up my limiter, Im calling tomorrow. And believe it or not there are safe places in CT to hit those speeds. Whether I get a ticket or not is my own problem, however I would never endanger someones life. Never have I gone fast with other people around me
Appreciate 0