12-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #19
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
That would take hours upon hours. BMW could safely let us have a lot more than 8 minutes of accessory power. Anyway, it's just a tiny annoyance in an otherwise brilliant car.
I agree it can be quite annoying having just 8 mins, but that's what they did (not sure the exact time limit) with the E90 as well.

Don't be too sure about hours and hours if you want your car to start. Remember, just because a battery operated appliance shuts off due to 'low battery' charge, doesn't mean the battery has very little power left. A 12 volt appliance may shut off with the battery @ 10 volts.

Car batteries have to provide lots of amps of current when starting the car, so it pretty much needs to be charged up at all times. Also, don't forget that having accessories on in a car like the F30 means a number of battery draining components are on at the same time. Some of those units are not seen and as such, out of mind. It really doesn't take very much to use up vital battery power.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0