View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
There has been some discussion that SA made cars supplied to our OZ and KIWI cousins could have a few build issues.

The München F30 samples we get in the UK are truly super. My Wolfsburg Mk6 GTI feels so last Tuesday in every which way.
Yay, something to look forward to! The dealer reckoned the Luxury I drove was a German build, all cars from now on are SA builds.

Our MINI Cooper S Countryman (2011) has had quite a few rattle issues and has been in a few times for these. That was built in Graz, Austria. General build quality on the Countryman is good, but it still amazes me that new cars have so many rattles. NZ roads tend to use a courser chip that most European or North American roads which doesn't help. For example the car doesn't rattle on motorway surfaces, just open road or old city roads where concrete has been used as the surface.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0