Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogalhoF30 View Post
Hi all,

First off, pretty new to the forum, plenty of good reads. Thank you for having me. I bought a cpo 2013328i xdrive a month ago and like it thus far.
Today I brought it to the dealer for service and received a 2015 328i service car. Driving away from the lot, I immediately noticed some differences between the service car and my car. Are there any key differences between years regarding the following?

First off, it sounded a lot louder. Love it, though makes my car sound like a wuss.

Second, my car sounds like it has a slight valve tap, almost sounds like a diesel. I asked the sales rep if that was normal when I first bought it, they assured me it was fine. But the service car make no such noise.

Third, my car seems to lag from a complete stop to when it actually starts to move. It will take half a second to move when I hit the gas. The lag is nearly non existent in the service car.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any input is appreciated.

-Daniel

The diesel sound is normal, I'm sure BMW has done some stuff to quell it over the years though since many people complain about it. Whether that is in the form of new injectors or insulation I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if they've done something.

As for the lag you might want to ask about getting you cars software or Integration level updated to the latest version, that might help things operate a little smoother, as they definitely have made some great software improvements over the years (or so I would assume)

Lastly, I'm not sure if your 2013 has active sound design, but the 2014's and up definitely do (at least both of mine have)