United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, N55, 6MT, MPK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by csween86 View Post
For anyone interested, look into the Dinan stage 2 upgrade for the n55. It bumps power to 355hp and torque to 401 lb-ft.... There will eventually be a stage 3 as they mentioned that on their site. The stage two is like $2g's so a bit pricey, but they will match your warranty and BMW will acknowledge this tune and will still service your car hassle free.... Just saying.
is this true in fact? so if you lease a car and do this bmw will have no problems with it? im assuming if they are ok and it doesn't void warranty, it shouldn't even raise an issue with anything. if a motor blew because of this tune, you get a new motor for free no hassle? is this true?!!?
Don't know if you can do it with a lease, I own mine, but I doubt it on a lease. You're def putting more wear on the car compared to stock and that wouldn't be fair to future owners....The thing about BMW acknowledging the tune is that they will work on your car with a Dinan product in it. Dinan takes over the warranty. If anything goes wrong under the new Dinan warranty, the two companies will figure out if it is BMW or dinans fault, and work it out on who pays. For example If its a Dinan error, BMW will do the work in their shop and Dinan will pay... That's if it isn't clearly driver error(ie blowing motor). Regardless bmw is doing the work. You get to keep your maintenance plan and all. Most dinan shops are at bmw dealerships, it is a partner company to BMWUSA. If you buy a jb4 and all those others, BMW won't even bring the car into their shop. They will flat out tell you they don't want to touch it, like it's a tainted good... Unless you go through the hassle of hiding it, some people enjoy it. With a Dinan tune, even after warranty is up BMW will still work on your car(not for free of course). If you go with a jb4 after warranty they will still tell you to get the hell out of there....
Appreciate 0