09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
I guess you could still try to use that in the F30 too but I really hate pulling those panels off because they never seem to be as tight once removed and re-installed and I don't want to screw with the sunroof.

Mine is hooked into the cigarette lighter that's almost hidden up under the passenger footwell. If you don't know where it is you have to basically lay on the ground to find it. I ran my wire up the side pillar and across the top of the windshield and then came out by the mirror. Can't see it at all and keeps the wires or radar from obstructing any view out the front window. Plus since you are doing the V1 they should be mounted higher for better range.

Again, not sure how the F30 is, but on the E90, I stuck my fingers in the small gap between the headliner and windshield and bent it down a bit, only just enough, and was able to reach the clips to pop out that part with my fingers... this way the metal around it doesnt get bent as when you remove it from behind the lights using a thin metal piece or something. i never had a problem with that dome part fitting well after, it popped right back in and looked like it was never touched.

Not sure how it is in the F30, but in my E90, I used the sunroof motor wire and tapped that.
[/quote]
Appreciate 0