View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #227
rob_h10
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Did you go from base non sport susp to M Perf?
If so ride height should drop by 20mm or about .8"
Sport susp/M sport is a 10mm drop from stock. M Perf is a 10mm drop from sport/Msport.
Your overall measurement from floor to wheel arch lip looks to be about .8".

But something is strange with your measurement.
In the first photo, from the ground to the top of the tire is about 25". On the next photo, sideways, from the ground to the top of the tire is around 25.5".
But, that measurement shouldn't change even with a spring change as you're still only measuring from the ground to the top of the tire.
The only way that measurement can change is if you have a different overall diameter whee/tire setup or you changed the inflation pressure. Maybe the point on the floor wasn't flat between the two measurements?

After a change to a lower spring the only change should be the body's ride height. So you measure from the same ground point to the same point on the body like the edge of the wheel arch.

Ride height looks to be around .8" lower, which is what is should be going from the base susp spring to the M Perf spring.
10mm is only about .4"
Tire gap to wheel arch lip seems to have shrunk by .25" that's nice.

Yet still there is something strange with your measurement judging from the difference between the two shots from the floor to the top of the tire. That measurement should be the same.
Did you notice this too while measuring? If so do you know what happened? Just curious.
I started out with the sportline suspension and retrofitted the M performance suspension. The car came with 18" wheels and the 'just ok' goodyear all-season tires..

i think i know what you mean about the measurements being a little odd... very possible the metal tape measure was not completely straight in the second pic i posted. i will try to get a side-by-side pic of my car next to a stock sportline at my dealership when i go visit in the next week or so.

btw. i want to give props to Malek of MRF Engineering for an excellent job on my wheel alignment. He is a very skilled professional. He Will.Fix.Your.Car. Thanks. i only wish his shop was closer to my location.. anyway, he is worth the drive.
Appreciate 0