11-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #55
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I don't think we have any way of tracking progress this side of the pond like our American cousins can. We need stuff like customer service for that We just order a car then have the mushroom treatment until it appears.

And no, it wasn't the lease company's fault per se. Maybe the lack of communication was but my car only arrived at the dealer on Friday and they've turned it round for delivery as quick as they can Something went wrong between finishing production and getting to the dealer and nobody will tell me what. My father in law runs the docks where they all come in and get distributed for PDI, they even do a lot of PDIs themselves and post-lease inspections for auction and he said that the "there's a general lack of transport" answer I was given was bullshit and that my car had almost certainly been damaged in transit and they were keeping quiet about it. Either that or it never left Germany when it should have (?) It's odd because if there was a process-wide problem then why have people with BW46 cars taken delivery already?
Yes yours seems to have taken a long time, it will have been a difficult wait but I'm definitely envious that you're picking yours up tomorrow! I'm going a bit mad with the wait, though I've already got through hopefully a third of it (or more)!

I wonder why mine has been so quick getting to production? Ordered 14/11/12, went into "scheduled for production" almost straight away with build week of 49 (03/12/12), then yesterday (27/11/12) it went "confirmed for production". I guess they're now catching up with themselves after the 330d and M Sport launches?