View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

I'm considering a downsize from the 330d msport with pro nav and a few good options to a new f30 320d SE, sport/ msport. Have to admit having the power is great but if I actually were to analyse just how often I use it in my daily commute/ trips to shops and days out it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense.

The better economy, newer car, lower running costs, higher spec car wins for me I think, I do love my gadgets but make SURE that they do what you think they do before sacrificing engine size for them. E.g. Is the heads up display helpful or plain annoying? Do you really need pro nav for full iPhone integration ? (read somewhere iOS 6 will match data natively over BT), is the 360' camera useful and how quick does the reverse camera take to activate? Will it annoy rather than assist? See what I mean, I held out for pro nav for online portal and what I thought was iPhone integration. I got clunky software, no music without that snap in adapter (to operate you need an iPhone with no cover) and although it LOOKS good the reality of the experience detracts. Then I open her up and forget the gadgets......

In an ideal world I'd have the lot, five years ago I'd say bigger engine, I'd now be happier to drop a bra size and take the padded option, but only really if the toys work properly, you often don't get much of a chance to see them or play before you commit.... Xdrive anyone?
Appreciate 0