01-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
I am in love with my F30 M Sport X drive. I have a G37 and an X5. The G37 is on its way out. Every time I drive the 335i I just can't believe how much power this thing has. I rarely put it in sport mode on the highway because I feel it's making too much power. I prefer sport mode when doing city driving and I can listen to the bubble. Compared to the G37 this m sport is more tossable. It feels light on its feet and very precise. I can add a page of great stuff it does better. I mention the X5 because I read a lot about how the F30 steering is numb or how it's throttle is non responsive. I drive my N55 X5 back to back with my F30 and I know it's all just hogwash. The E70 setup is different from the F30 set up but both are very entertaining to drive.

I also like the DHP which makes it easy to turn when parking and tightens things up when in sport mode. It's like 2 cars in one

In winter my X5 does 18mpg, my G37 did 16-7mpg a d the new kid on the block does 22.6mpg and she is yet to be fully broken in.
How does the G compare from a seat of the pants power feel? Mine seems to be a little weaker in the low end compared to n54/55 - your thoughts?
Appreciate 0