View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
AggieTexan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxCritical View Post
I used the USAA discount. For a 2012 328i, it was a $1500 discount on my purchase. My dealer called USAA and got a eligibility letter and I didn't have to do anything else. You must be a member of USAA and I think that's the only requirement. But I don't think you can use the BMW car club discount with it.
Good luck with your purchase!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldorky View Post
I also used the USAA discount. $1500 off the final negotiated price. Consider getting a quote from the USAA car buying service too -- it varies by dealer and area, but I got a very good quote that the dealer honored. If you think you can do better than the USAA quote, you're not locked in and you can still use the $1500 discount.

I think the USAA car buying service uses the same system as Truecar.com, so you don't have to be a member and can just get a quote from Truecar. But you do have to be a member to use the $1500 discount.
I just used the USAA car buyer site to price out the car that's on the lot in Houston since that's the way I'm leaning. The thing I like about the USAA site as opposed to some other sites is their target prices seem reasonable. I've seen some prices that I know are just wishful thinking, or I would have to be a very good negotiator, which I'm not.

It's my understanding that I can use the USAA savings along with my $1,000 certificate from the Drive for Team USA event, so that's a pretty substantial additional discount in my book!
Appreciate 0