xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

[QUOTE=RPM90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezz View Post
I would guess marketing, since there were no changes to the chassis or engine for 2012 to 2013. In fact, the production lines barely had any downtime, since the 2012's were made all the way up to end of June and the 2013s began first week of July.[/QUOTE=zeezz;12275648]

It's a tough call as to why the 335i AT times improved by .3, that's a substantial difference.

BMW hasn't been known to "lie" about their engine output or their accel times. If anything, they tend to give conservatives numbers so as to not over promise and under deliver.
Their engines always show better stock power output on customer done dyno's. And their accel times typically show better than what the factory lists.

Maybe they 'brake torqued' the AT this time, and/or turned traction control completely off.

We should send a letter to the car mags asking them to look into it?
If somebody told me that BMW shifted their conservative acceleration numbers a little bit after seeing how quick the F30 was in testing, I'd believe it. Notice that even though the magazines are posting these radically quick times, BMW's official posted times are still more conservative. They gained a little perspective from the mags and changed their official times to draw in potential buyers who care about 0-60 times enough to check mfr. claims, but don't care enough to check the magazines.
Appreciate 0