View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #1141
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
1) Which modules gave you an error with CODE? Some module have no codeable data like ZGW, RDC, etc., so maybe that is the reason. If the ECU has no CAFD, it has no codeable data, so you won't be able to FDL Code or VO Code it.

2) DON'T EVER HIT CODE DEFAULTS! This codes the ECU to a factory floor condition, and does not use your VO at all. If you mistakenly hit CODE Defaults, then the solution is to CODE afterwards to VO Code the ECU based on your specific vehicle order.

3) I have never heard of "shadow error codes", and I wouldn't worry about them. If the car isn't throwing and error code on the Instrument Cluster or an iDrive Control Message, you should be fine.
Yes, I realized how dumb I was right after, good thing I just had backedup just in case i just restored from the backup, I suppose this was ok too, right?

The FEM_BODY and REM(this doesn't matter anymore, I've done them manually) gave me an error when trying to "Code". I mean it went through the whole process but after clicking "close", in the window that pops at the end where t tells you everything went ok and you can save the report, it told me there was an error, in red fonts. Should have saved it, I guess so I can paste it here

As for shadow codes, there are many talking about them even on these and e90post forums. It's an error that showed up then got fixed by itself so to say, but it remains stores somwhere for the dealer to see it (in the good way, so they can see there was a glitch and might need further investigating).

Also, about what you just explained, about the dealer updating the ECU, how will I know that? That long number of the saved ncd file going to be different than the ECU's, right?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0