07-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #56
SDe90Man
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2077 440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
It's been a while since I've looked regularly, so I may be wrong, but I would think they've stopped ordering for the 2016 435i and are on to the 2017 440i, which I'm guessing is what you meant since you asked about the m performance power and sound kit rather than the separate mppk and mpe the 435i gets.

As far as I know, the power and sound kit hasn't been officially released and therefore you're unlikely to get any firm price for it, invoice or msrp. What I did is negotiated my deal for my 340 as invoice + pricing meaning I'd pay whatever invoice was plus a certain amount. That way you don't have to guess what invoice is. Not sure about SD dealerships, but I worked with Greg Poland at Pacific BMW in Glendale (near LA) so may be worth the trek if your SD CA isn't willing to work such a deal.

So short answer is it is possible to roll the price into the msrp (helpful on a lease) as long as the kit becomes available by the time your car hits the port.
Thanks for the info Alistairk!
You are correct...I just spoke with my SD CA today and he informed me we're 1.5 months too late for 2016 builds. Hopefully our CA will be flexible in working the deal you mentioned for me, especially since he sold us my wife's 35i Z4 a couple years ago...gotta take care of the repeat customers!

I did want a 2016 due to the 4yr/50k (and brakes) warranty, the updated 2017 warranty is pretty much just oil changes and anything unusual or major now. Bummer. Not to mention the RV's for the 2017's have come in fairly low to start. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0