11-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #27
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
With the mobile application preparation you get the additional USB socket in the arm rest compartment, I don't know if this is there otherwise so it could be worth adding this one or confirming the USB situation.

With regards to the other options, the surround view cameras and rear view cameras are great for getting into tight spaces and manoeuvring around tight car parks. My work car park crams in more spaces than you would think possible so I can vouch for the surround view.

The M brakes look great but I can't say in normal driving conditions I have felt any difference. They may well be better but I don't drive like Jeremy Clarkson on the Top Gear track so maybe they are under utilised

The HUD is great though and as much as I love my surround view I'm not sure I'd favour it over the HUD.

This option list is an ordeal that's for sure
You still get the USB socket in the armrest, it comes with the USB audio interface option. The surround view cameras would be useful; but I will still have parking sensors (front/back), and the cameras I think don't work as well in the dark, so I think I'll pass on the cameras (though parking isn't my strongest point I will admit, but I usually park out of the way anyway, and almost never on the street). I will use the HUD all the time (even if just for speed/calls/music selection), as opposed to the cameras which will only be used for a few minutes at the beginning and/or end of probably only a couple of journeys a week, and it's a bit of a sci-Fi feature, so I think I'll let that be my ’luxury' feature over the brakes and cameras. I'll pay for it over the phone before delivery so the girlfriend doesn't find out it was extra, as I've already overspent on HK already

Phoning very shortly when dealer opens, fingers crossed...