07-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #88
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
My contention is that this is the F30 subforum and not the place to discuss how it disappoints those who aren't its intended audience and who have no intention of purchasing one.
BJ
Thanks, I think it's fine here as it's where a lot of traffic for this general market of car ends up. This sort of thread has made the rounds in the F20 forum too, and I'd gladly accept an F20/F21 but know BMW USA wouldn't allow such a thing and there just isn't much traffic on this site in that forum as we're largely US centric and there's no F2x version available in the US yet.

Perhaps the General BMW forum would be a better fit (in fact I started a fairly long thread about just this over there). But it does remain that since the E21, the 3er has been the smallest, sportiest BMW sedan and coupe, and I think this discussion just confirms that a lot of us are frustrated by the every growing product that hasn't really been back filled by BMW.

I do think the market is ripe for a good, low content, yet premium rwd sedan in the coming years. BMW seems to have the chassis available for such a thing, but the next IS and Audi A3 sedan (albeit with Haldex or fwd) are likely to grab a lot of our attention before the 1er sedan materializes.
Appreciate 0