United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: w e90 320d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwmad View Post
I received my new Android 11 headunit on the 10th September from AvinUsa. So far I'm pleased with now having carplay in my 2015 F15 X5 and having access to many Android apps. Installation was straight forward as I had previously fitted one to my 2008 E70 X5. Sound quality is better than I thought it would be but, as there has to be a but lol. I'm having a problem with a notification stating " Serial console enabled. Performance is impacted. To disable, check bootloader".
I've factory reset and reinstalled the software provided by Avin but still I have this notification. I know enough about installing updates on Android to know that it doesn't affect the bootloader settings, But I was hopeful lol. Is anybody aware of how I can get this "console" disabled as I do not want to have to remove the unit and return it unless I really have to. Thanks in advance.
I have this same issue. as well as ksw... shutting down on startup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwmad View Post
I received my new Android 11 headunit on the 10th September from AvinUsa. So far I'm pleased with now having carplay in my 2015 F15 X5 and having access to many Android apps. Installation was straight forward as I had previously fitted one to my 2008 E70 X5. Sound quality is better than I thought it would be but, as there has to be a but lol. I'm having a problem with a notification stating " Serial console enabled. Performance is impacted. To disable, check bootloader".
I've factory reset and reinstalled the software provided by Avin but still I have this notification. I know enough about installing updates on Android to know that it doesn't affect the bootloader settings, But I was hopeful lol. Is anybody aware of how I can get this "console" disabled as I do not want to have to remove the unit and return it unless I really have to. Thanks in advance.
I have this same issue. as well as ksw... shutting down on startup
Avin's advice for me was to turn off notifications for this.
Enter Settings---Android---APPs & notifications>>>Notifications>>>Notifications on lock screen>>Select third option " Don't show any notification"
Apart from this notification the head unit is great.