digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB View Post
How did you go? I'm in Melb at the moment, can't test it out til tomorrow night

Yeah, you're not wrong there... I also drive a friend's mk6 gti from time to time, and it does have a better camera than us

Anyone know if the camera on other current BMWs are any better? Maybe we can swap in one from a 5 or 7 series
Didnt end up happening last night, but will tonight for sure..

As for car quality, your right there, I had a G6ET before and the camera was crisp, clear and very high quality (and that was standard lol)
One of my employees bought a new Veloster Turbo and I took that for a drive a few weeks back and the only thing I noticed, was how phenomenal the reverse camera was.

Credit where credit is due, the F30 camera is crystal clear during the day, its just at night where it fails dismally. Saying that though, my side view cameras are pretty clear day and night.

As for other BMW models and their cameras, I had a new X3 as a hire car a couple of weeks ago, it didnt have the flicker problem that mine does, but it was pretty crap at night time, probably the same as the F30.

You do have to stop and wonder how these things slip past BMW quality control at the development stage though.
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0