View Single Post
      12-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #87
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Oh dear... After reading all that I am not looking forward to having to troll the internet looking for insurance when I get mine on the 28th!! (Cant wait!)

Currently have an Admiral multicar quote with myself (7 years protected NCD and IAM Emergency Driver, and my partner with 8 years protected NCD and full business for us both, both less than 30 and both on her 2012 Fiesta Zetec too) and when I rang them a few months back to enquire about a rough cost when looking at the car, they advised me it was an extra 100 quid for the change of policy and change of car... All in around 750-800 quid... Not bad I thought.

Still have a good 10 months on the policy so I would presume that the increase for the year would only be around 120 quid from a 1.6 Astra to the 320d... They did whack a compulsory excess of 125 quid tho...

They did ask about optional extra's and I had a slight discussion with the woman and told her everything coming on the car is factory fitted from the manufacturer and she advised me the only cost option from those I listed was the parking sensors as they make the bumpers more expensive to repair (and less likely to damage??)

I think it depends on the individual you talk to it seems...