shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4kiwi View Post
Hi Guys. I looked into this when I first got my car and was under the impression to change to NZ maps on a Jap import car was not so straight forward and required something like a new image of the Hard drive to be installed. I am hoping you are saying this is not the case. I can do the changes to the codes with esys and have a copy of the AUS/NZ maps (I think 2020 NEXT from memory). I pulled the current FSC (DE) code from my car, and used it to generate a new code for the maps I have. I have both a lifetime and single use code. Is this all I need or is the 'FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi' mentioned something else again. Would be great to get the NZ maps working if possible. wlu17 or sobanoodle ( or kiwidecal) - I would be keen to contact you to discuss in more detail if you were happy for me to PM you my number. (assuming you are in NZ) Thans in advance David (Auckland NZ)
You need to flash NBT with proper Aus/NZ FA, then pull DE (not current one) and then use it for Map Update. ECC HDD Image is also needed in case of older CIC Head Unit, but not NBT..

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0