10-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
re4ryu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Efficientdynamics

F30: Brighter and improved Welcome lights for stock halogens

Hi there,

After playing around a little with BMW coding, I found some codes that I feel improve the welcome lights slightly from their original state. I have an F30 with the stock halogen bulbs by the way, so I'm not sure if the same principle applies for LED lights. If someone could test it on this however that would be great.

First of all, I re-coded the welcome lights all around the car to fade on, as apposed to immediately appearing on. I felt this made the car look a lot more elegant when unlocking, however to each his own. The code for this is:

In FEMBODY:

3062 > mapping_standl_V_L_Part_of_wl > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_V_R_Part_of_wl > soft_on

In REM:

3062 > mapping_standl_h1_l_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_h1_r_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_h2_l_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_h2_r_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_h3_l_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_standl_h3_r_part_of_WL > soft_on
3062 > mapping_kennzeichenl_part_of_wl > soft_on
3063 > mapping_small_sl_l_part_of_wl > soft_on
3063 > mapping_small_sl_r_part_of_wl > soft_on
3063 > mapping_universal_1_part_of_wl > soft_on

So essentially, all i've done is changed all the original hard_on values for these parameters to soft_on.

Another thing i wanted to do is change the brightness of the headlamp welcome lights. I've seen a code concerning "WL_Helligkeit" which allegedly changes the brightness of the bulbs through editing it's hex value from 0,64 to 0,99, however this doesn't appear to have any effect. In this case, i found the following code is a a kind of workaround to this issue:

In FEMBODY:

3062 > mapping_standl_V_L_Part_of_wl > not_active
3062 > mapping_standl_V_R_Part_of_wl > not_active
3062 > mapping_tagfahrl_v_l_part_of_wl > soft_on
3062 > mapping_tagfahrl_v_r_part_of_wl > soft_on

What this has done is it has replaced the dimmer headlamp welcome lights/parking lights (standl) with the daytime running lights instead (tagfahrl), which are far brighter in comparison, and can be seen clearly in the day as well.

It's not much, but just a little tweak to make the unlocking look nicer for anyone interested! If there are any cheat sheets/databases this can be added to please let me know
Appreciate 0