United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trcb777
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
I blew my stock charge pipe using Dinan stage 1 several months back. Dealer refused to warranty the part insisting that it simply never happens. I got the master tech from another dealer in my city to call them and tell them that charge pipes blow all the time especially on boosted cars. Dealer didn't care and wouldn't warranty the part. Stock part is $450 and dealer charged $500 labor to replace it. ER pipe is less than 300 and you can install it yourself given time and patience. There's no way you'll break the ER pipe and it's cheaper there's no reason not to do that if you're adding power.
Did Dinan cover the cost?
No, the dealer which was a BMW/Dinan dealer flat out denied it insisting that the only way a charge pipe could blow was if I had tampered with it. Which clearly I hadn't, but they refused to even try to warranty the part on ridiculous grounds that such breakage never occurs and cannot occur with tampering.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0