10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #311
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcory View Post
An email went out to dealers acknowledging the confusion with the new Nav and rumors from sites like this. The finish the email with saying no new Nav until 2014 for 3 series.
Yeah. I posted same on 10/5. However reliable sources tell me these emails are unofficial. The only thing official is a bulletin issued to dealers. As of today none has been issued. And since no bulletin is being issued that should worry us in search of the new Nav. Dealers are ordering PW45+ cars now and they have no idea whats coming.

Keep in mind these emails should be taken with a grain of salt. But, NA is also not going to release a bulletin saying something isn't coming. There will simply be no official communication from NA and MY13 F30 cars will continue on as-is. Yes, its possible (likely) that NA is opting out of the new Nav for F30 MY13. Its also possible they are delaying official announcement of the new Nav until they are good and ready.

Keep in mind the ActiveHybrid3 has the new Nav, but NA has yet to acknowledge it in any way that would be discernible by your average consumer. Just check the MY13 brochure or the webpages for the AH3. Three dealers I spoke with had no idea the AH3 is shipping with the new Nav.

If I recall correctly, the same happened in MY10 when they changed the Nav combox shortly before the start of 2011 production.

Last edited by claykin; 10-10-2012 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0