View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #2698
nidfix
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF31 View Post
Could it be I have a version running on my car which is not compatible with e-sys 3.18.4 and pszd 48.1 or is my cable faulty ?

I know it should work virtual (VMware fusion/Parallels) on a MacBook but I am going to arrange a laptop running windows to see what happens.

Grtz,
Ray
Even if you do not have the right version of file, you should still be able to connect. As having an APIPA address does not mean at all that your virtual machine is on same physical network as your car, I guess the next step is either to "snif" the network traffic from the W7 machine or to install a dhcp server on the virtual machine to verify if you can see your car requesting an IP address to your newly added DHCP server. Please note that if you set up a DHCP server on the W7 (like http://www.dhcpserver.de/dhcpsrv.htm), you will have to set a static IP address on the virtual machine interface (in any allowed private IP range - the same network will be configured for the dhcp server) and be sure to have it stopped when the virtual machine is running and your mac connected to your own LAN network (unless it may also reply to other machines on your real network...)
Good luck
Appreciate 0