06-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #30
jftoha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M Sport /2011 535is

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJG1137 View Post
How is jb4 not in the same league?
I would buy a burger tune any day over this, based on my experience with an n55 jb3.
Well, to begin with, Hartge GmbH has been tuning BMW's for over 40 years. Also, they do thorough automobile tuning including engine, suspension, interior, wheels and aerodynamics that go on to form a Hartge model car with its own model designation. They may not be considered a "Car Manufacturer" like Alpina, but they are on a different level to all other BMW tuners with the exception of AC Schnitzer. The amount of research and development that a company like Hartge can do is hard to match. Also, I am pretty sure that Hartge has a relationship with BMW that is more collaborative. The fact that they are German and located in Germany also gives them and advantage.

What I say above does not mean I don't have respect for Burger Tuning, in fact, I may buy their Tune module as soon as they clear some of the issues the JB3 may be having on the F10, but I also see the value in large companies putting the capital to do research and provide service and warranties that smaller companies may never be able to provide.

José Tohá ---------------------------------Chilean Architect, Living in Washington, DC.
PRESENT: F10 535I Sport, Alpina 21" wheels, AC Schnitzer springs, M5 Grill.
PAST: E63, E39 (2), E34 (2), E36, E24, E30 (2)
Appreciate 0