View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
DSH7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Seat Swap Coding Help

Hi all, I need some advice with coding. I've coded a few times with success, but I'm definitely an amateur and it's still intimidating to me.

I recently did a seat swap from heated manual to heated electric w/memory. The wiring and install went very well and everything worked except for the memory function and drivers side heat which I hoped coding would fix.

As per the guide I was using I added 459 and coded FEM and HU. The memory and drivers side heat still doesn't work and now my AC panel shuts on and off and my idrive is glitchy. I have know idea what went wrong.

Question #1 is how to fix the errors? Should I re code from scratch? (Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => R-Click ECU (itself NOT CAFD below) => Select CODE)

Question #2 Anyone know the proper procedure to get the memory working? There seems to be a ton of VO for different seat configurations. I have the same seats as the guide I was using and it says "add 459 to VO and VO code FEM and HU. In some cases, CAFD injection to SM/SM2 may be also required" Which ECU would that be under?

Thanks to anyone that can offer some assistance.
Appreciate 0