View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Two different sets of feelings.

One, my three and a half year old loves tearing around Toys R Us and looking at everything. I remember it too, and FAO Schwarz and Hamleys. Guess I've got to take him to NYC or London to enjoy that feeling now.

Second, we were in Toys R Us about a year ago and my kid was looping back to look at some toys he'd already seen and I was looking forward and not really paying enough attention to him. The next thing I knew he was crying super loud and the whole front of the built in trash can had fallen on his ankle. I'm sure he either bumped it or tried to grab it, but it was cheap particle board with screwed in hardware that had clearly broken long ago. It broke the skin, but he was otherwise unhurt, just scared about what had happened. I told management about the broken cover, but didn't mention my kid's injury. We went back in there multiple times afterwards and it was always still just propped up, waiting to fall on the next kid. It would have taken five minutes to reattach the hardware, or five seconds to just shit can the cover, leaving the trash can exposed. But they did nothing.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00