View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thumbs up BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for 2012+ BMW 335i Sedan (F30)

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for 2012+ BMW 335i Sedan (F30)
COMMENTS
Name:  f30-m-performance_powerkit.jpg
Views: 33987
Size:  75.2 KB

BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for 2012 and Later BMW 335i Sedan.

Increased power, responsiveness, and sensation are hallmarks of BMW’s fully-developed kit.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 26, 2013…
BMW today announced a new M Performance Power Kit for the 2012 model year and later BMW 335i Sedan and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The M Performance Power Kit joins the existing M Performance Parts line which includes chassis, aerodynamics, exhaust system components, and trim accessories. Developed through consultation by the engineers at BMW M GmbH, the M Performance Power Kit is immediately available through all Authorized BMW Centers in the US, with MSRP starting at $1,100 (plus Installation) and retains BMW’s 4-Year / 50,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty when purchased with a new vehicle.

More Power. More Dynamic. More Emotion.
Once the Power Kit is installed, the vehicle’s rated horsepower is increased from 300 to 320 on all models. Automatic transmission-equipped models enjoy a 32 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 332 lb-ft), while manual transmission-equipped models benefit from a 17 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 317 lb-ft). All models receive a re-mapped accelerator pedal calibration for more dynamic throttle response, and the Power Kit produces a signature, highly-emotional “exhaust burble” sound during engine overrun conditions. 0-60mph acceleration is improved 0.2 seconds compared to standard 335i models, while 50-75mph times drop by a full half-second.

The BMW M Performance Power Kit features comprehensive engine tuning via advanced software 335i and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The kit includes updated software or replacement engine DME (electronic control unit), high-capacity engine air intake system, signature BMW M Performance engine cover, and rocker panel decals. This gives the 335i Sedan or 335i xDrive Sedan a substantial power boost (+20 horsepower) while retaining the original 50-state legal emissions certification and fuel efficiency ratings.

Installed with Confidence.
The vehicle’s original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty is not affected by the installation of the M Performance Power Kit, and Kit components are covered under warranty for the duration of the original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty (4 Years / 50,000 miles) if purchased at the time of new vehicle sale, or for 2 Years / unlimited miles if installed later.

SUMMARY:

Customised for more adrenalin: Higher maximum output of 240kW (326 hp), performance-optimised engine specifications, technical features like sound customisation and accelerator alignment – the BMW M Performance power kit for the standard engine in the BMW 335i provides increased driving pleasure.

-automatic transmission: increase in performance from 225 kW/400 Nm to 240 kW/450 Nm (in 6th gear: 400 Nm)
-manual transmission: increase in performance from 225 kW/400 Nm to 240 kW/430 Nm
-improved acceleration from 0-100 km/h: -0.2 seconds compared to the standard
-improved elasticity from 80-120 km/h: -0.3 seconds compared to the standard
-optimised accelerator alignment
-extremely sporty engine and exhaust system sound: ‘exhaust bubbling’
-retention of the quality and guarantee claim
-fuel consumption and CO2 emissions remain unchanged

Included in delivery:
New engine specifications,
M Performance intake silencer,
M Performance engine cover,
M Performance plaque for the engine compartment,
M Performance stickers for the side sills,