05-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #309
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post

And because of its big battery pack, you can engage the air conditioning to turn on and cool down the car from your iPhone wherever you are before you get back to your car. Imagine eating a meal on a hot day or spending the day at a theme park and you can precondition your car so it's ice cold inside before you even get back to it.
New 2013 AH3 (F30H) owner.

I have had higher end Sports Cars (Porsche, Lotus, several Vipers) in the past, 3 top of line Range Rovers SUVs and multiple luxury vehicles (Mercedes S Series, etc), all new.

That said, my car for the last 4 years has been a 2009 Prius Touring (top of line) which I picked up for a steal in 3/2009 during the Financial Crisis when no one was buy ANY cars.

Most things were ok about the car for around town driving. But it obviously was not up to the performance of some of my past cars. Looked at a lease on a Prius 5 with Advanced Technology v the price of a 2013 AH3 tricked out (MSRP North of $66k) and the small difference (well, $170 a month) made me go with the AH3. Also looked at the Lexus GS450h (lease was almost double the BMW), Infiniti and Audio.

One of the key reasons I went with the AH3 was for the feature you listed above. In Florida, it is really needed! Its the reason I vowed NEVER to own a dark interior again, which after reading this thread, I will probably be flamed for. But as someone else said, its my car, ordered the way I WANT IT.....

But bottom line, I cannot get this feature to work. The Dealer says the car WILL NOT do this, which I am somewhat miffed about, as I read it elsewhere only finding this forum last night.

So, does this car do this - as has been stated on this thread - and in other publications - or is this a fairy tale? If it does, anyone have instructions?

Thanks in Advance!

PS. What is the M Pedal I read about in this thread?
Appreciate 0