jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I went from a fully loaded 340i M Sport to an M3. They are worlds apart and as much as I loved my 340i, I would have saved a lot of $$ by just going straight to the M3. I daily commute 80 miles a day with no problem. I actually got an i3 to split duties just for wear and tear and despite what a "better" daily drive the i3 is, I get that am3 itch every single day. Compared to my 340i, the M3 is just as comfortable as a daily. Throttle modulation is something you get used to. It's very easy to spin the tires when overtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5amurai View Post
I wouldn't get the current generation M3/M4 at this point in the game. So before the villagers start grabbing their pitchforks, I'll state that this is entirely my opinion and not necessarily fact lol.

The M3/M4 was definitely the car to have several years ago when the platform was new and the competition wasn't as stiff. 425hp with a 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds is getting dangerously close to what a new S4/S5 or C43 pump out. Given that the latter send power to all 4 wheels, I'd be hard pressed to make the current M3/M4 my car of choice as a year round driver or a long haul daily commuter. I'd take a pass on the current M3/M4 until the next generation version comes out on the G platform. I'd only really be inclined to make the jump now if I was able to get an absolutely incredible deal on it.
You are going to be waiting a long time. As another poster pointed out, 0-60 is not the ONLY metric. If it is, then go ahead and skip the M3/4 because that's the wrong car for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5amurai View Post
I wouldn't get the current generation M3/M4 at this point in the game. So before the villagers start grabbing their pitchforks, I'll state that this is entirely my opinion and not necessarily fact lol.

The M3/M4 was definitely the car to have several years ago when the platform was new and the competition wasn't as stiff. 425hp with a 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds is getting dangerously close to what a new S4/S5 or C43 pump out. Given that the latter send power to all 4 wheels, I'd be hard pressed to make the current M3/M4 my car of choice as a year round driver or a long haul daily commuter. I'd take a pass on the current M3/M4 until the next generation version comes out on the G platform. I'd only really be inclined to make the jump now if I was able to get an absolutely incredible deal on it.
Agreed, but that it straight line speed, pretty sure the M3/M4 can dust those cars on the twisties/tracks. Too bad it sounds really bad IMO otherwise I would literally make the switch, still debating it pending an exhaust setup that I can stand.

My MPE sounds awesome. I'd suggest an akropovik though, if you are planning on buying.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
stormlv932.00