04-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #91
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Another euro smartass. If you really care about saving gasoline so much, go buy a prius.
A typical uneducated view- I much rather have an M50d that gets 39mpg thank you very much but people like you push hybrids. Sure let's all drive cars with giant batteries in them that make the performance crap and the rare earth minerals are all in China. Brilliant. Read a book or do some real research instead of shooting off your mouth when you have no idea what you are taking about.

When gas is $9 a gallon you try and save it- the whole world doesn't subsidize gas, that is a US thing.

I am from the US (CT actually) and just happen to be living in Germany at the moment.

As for the 1 MPG increase with the system on. My wife and I have done the numbers as the system does not work when it is too cold so the winter gave us a good data point. Eliminating outliers and changes in the regular commute we saw a 1 MPG decrease when the system was inactive.

I have also done the same for ECO Pro which i can't deal with but saves about 2 mpg in the real world.

Last edited by mapezzul; 04-13-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0