View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #239
uucuu3
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX

Crossing the Atlantic on the Athens Highway...

My ActiveHybrid 3 is on K-Lines "Athens Highway", just west of Spain. The next scheduled port stop is Baltimore, Maryland, then on to Brunswick, Georgia by about February 20th where my vehicle will disembark and be processed in at the BMW Vehicle Distribution Center and prepared for delivery to BMW of Austin.

I ordered a Sport line in Mineral White Metallic with Black Dakota Leather sport seats. Extras include Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Technology Package, HK Audio, and Heated Seats. I also specified all season tires, as I hope to drive it across a good bit of the country over the next few years.

I wanted good performance in a car that is fun to drive, and look forward to driving it on the open highway (new 85 mph toll roads in Texas are great!) or through the twisting back roads in Texas hill country. In the last decade or so I have been equally intrigued by the advanced technology being integrated (not always well) into new vehicles. That is what drew me to the AH3, and I ordered mine after a several test drives of various 3-series and learning more from posts on this site. Thanks to Sam S, BMW Cali, jdong, Boosted John, MotoEV, and zon (among others) for all the information you shared. It helped me decide to pull the trigger and has kept me entertained while I am waiting for my car.

Over the last decade we have owned a 2006 330i, a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, a 200? Jaguar X-Type, the last model year Thunderbird convertable, and a Lincoln MKX. My wife presently has a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid, and I have been driving a 2011 Infiniti EX that I bought after considering a 2011 BMW X3. I look forward to adding thoughts and experiences from my perspective after logging some miles in my AH3.
Appreciate 0