12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #117
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
LOL ya.. I was extremely apprehensive of doing it. Ballz convinced me by insulting my manhood. After doing it once though, you'll laugh at how easy it is.

Terry put together a 6 second video which I had to watch about 50 times. Honestly, it would take them so little time to put together proper documentation, but they just don't seem to care.

If you do get it, and you're stuck, ping me and I'll help.
I'm getting tired of waiting on the ppk and thinking of going that route. Seems they have a newer ISO out where you need to clip a diode and install the new firmware but it is a bit smoother in power delivery. (or so it seems) Or perhaps that's stage 2 which is only out for certain vehicles. It's easy to get confused on the forums as to what is being talked about since the N54 and N55 are together and then we have the 2011 N55 vs the 2012+ and then 2013 seems to be a slightly different ECU or something is different.

All that said, can anyone comment about the power delivery/fuel economy difference between the normal car and the tuned one? I'm also interested in how the different modes react (eco pro, comfort, sport, sport+) when tuned. Part of the tune can be tweaked for different accelerator feel when the boost comes on, etc. I'm just wondering how that works with the different modes where the car already does that on its own (probably in a different way).
Appreciate 0