View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
By the way, I feel it's really hard to find a honest dealer in the southwest area.

I talked to a salesperson from Jake Sweeney BMW, they have really good reviews on the internet (comparing to others in this area). At first he was asking for $2000 over invoice and refuse to move the price. I had a really bad shopping experiences with him. (He just stopped replying my email after only a few email exchanges)
BMW of Dayton, not recommended. The salesperson lied about their allocation. Their offer was OK, but something smells odd in the air, but I don't feel anyone from their dealership is honest.
Voss Village BMW, they gave me really good impressions. The CA was really helpful and honest. He provided a lot of information, and was very helpful through the whole process. I'm kinda regret of that I didn't order from them.
BMW Store of Cincinnati, salesperson said they don't have any allocation and probably will not have any in the next few months. So I didn't talk to them too much. Well at least they are very honest.
Funny that you mention that. I was talking to one of the members here, who happens to work at Jake Sweeney. Him & I exchanged a few PMs and then I told him the build I was looking at for the ED. He asked me to e-mail him so he could get back to me with numbers. I e-mailed him, and then sent him a PM to let him know I had done so. NO RESPONSE! Needless to say, I quickly decided not to waste more time there.

Just to give you a jist of what I look for in a dealership when I contact them:
- No Pressure sales
- Transparency upfront (I want to know where each & every number is coming from)
- No attitude (remember, they need our business, not the other way around)
- Building a rapport (It's not about selling the car, but giving the complete package. Some salesman will forget who you are the next day when you walk into a dealership)
- Of course price (but I'm willing to let go a few to get the above)

It was actually a very tough choice. I felt bad because Bill Reifsteck has been more than helpful (even when I got my 135i) and I didn't even get it from him. This time though, the proximity of my local dealership and the deal won out! In case I end up moving in the next month or so, I might just go with Bill because Columbus is where my parents live. So won't be too tough to pick up the car from there
Appreciate 0