View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
When I was talking about registering, I was talking about the gun being registered with the government (having a serial number) and not about being registered to an individual. I agree, the amount of guns that are not registered to the person that owns them is probably really high. I know I have sold half a dozen to friends and family and not submitted any type of paperwork other than keeping a bill of sale in my records.

Again, I am not up on the most recent laws, I do not believe a gun with a serial number is register with government. I do not believe the manufactures have to tell the government they made a gun and sold it. They have to keep recordsto whom each serial number was sold, no different than Automotive companies. I am not sure what gun dealer do. In the case of an auto, once the car is sold to the public and title transfer the government track each an every owner of the car. Gun are not done this way, the information is still in paper form and not in any electronic database. This is what people would like, they would like to trace every gun like they do with a car.

I this case define what Registered means?
Appreciate 0