View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool We Drive Fleet of Fully Equipped 335i M Performance Models (with PPK) - Video & Pics

BIMMERPOST NEWS
We Drive Fleet of Fully Equipped 335i M Performance Models (with PPK) - Video & Pics
COMMENTS
Name:  DSC01614.jpg
Views: 32373
Size:  110.9 KB

We had a chance this week to drive a group of F30 335i equipped with the full complement of BMW M Performance Parts. On the performance side, these cars featured the M Performance Power Kit (PPK), suspension kit, brakes and exhaust. Cosmetic enhancements include the M Performance front lip spoiler/splitters, sport stripes, carbon fiber mirror caps, black kidney grilles, side-sill decals, 20" wheels (Style 405M), carbon fiber/alcantara interior and carbon fiber shift lever.

Performance

With the M Performance Suspension Kit, the 335i handling felt several increments more immediate and responsive, with less roll, squat or dive than a standard 335i. The body roll is not completely eliminated of course, but it is reduced. The cars looked great too with the reduced wheel gap. The upgraded brakes held up well lap after lap and session after session (there were hundreds of laps taken by hundreds of BMW Client Advisers through two days of track sessions), although the standard 335i brakes are already terrific. Typically, upgraded brakes provide the most benefit for track use, where it deals better with brake fade than the standard brakes.

With the 335i M Performance Power Kit [Dinan dyno] installed, the F30s had plenty of go, but I haven't driven a F30 335i in some time and there were no standard 335i on hand for comparison, so it was not as easy to tell the performance difference using the ole' butt dyno. However, the PPK's official specs (+20hp / +32 lb-ft torque), tell us that we were accelerating 0.2 seconds faster 0-60mph than a standard 335i would have

Sounds

As for the sound of the F30 M Performance Exhaust, it's hard to convey precisely in words as usual when describing sounds, so have a listen in the video below. Suffice (and obvious) to say, it's an improvement upon the factory 335i exhaust, without being overly loud or obnoxious.

Looks

Looks is a subjective criteria, and we've always felt that the F30 could have had a sportier design in stock form. But, the M Performance cosmetic parts (in conjunction with the M Sport package aero kit) improves upon the factory look greatly... save for the sport stripes which are probably too garish for a regular street car.

For full details and pricing (U.S.) on all F30 M Performance Parts, see below.

Video of 335i M Performance Model in Action

F30 335i M Performance Parts Equipped Cars

F30 3 Series M Performance Parts display from 2012 AMI show

Here's the complete U.S. price list (with details on the parts):

Appreciate 0