thatryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Garage List
Audio Upgrade Input Please

Hey all,

2013 335i with Harmon Kardon sound package. I am a bit of an audiophile I suppose, meaning that I love having crisp and precise music, but I have no training and am not an audio guy by any means. Example being that when I am working on computer, I connect to an external DAC; Focusrite Scarlett and plug that into some Presonus studio monitors.

My music taste ranges, from some metal, rock, pop, and soundtracks even. Sidenote, is there a good "all around" reference CD to download (purchase of course) or rip to USB for testing various types of music that you recommend?

I have been reading about upgrades for days now, and am wondering between the Bavsound system and the full custom MusicarNW setup. Would I be happy with the Bavsound drop-ins? Even though there is no amp or sub upgrades? Or should I wait and see if I am one of the lucky ones that Musicar replies to my email contact? lol I say that in a bit of jest after reading about how insanely busy they get over there

Of note also is that I have Muscular Dystrophy, so while I would love to install it all myself, I just may not be able to becuase my upper body is severly limited.

Thank you for your time!
Appreciate 1