12-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Mark thats sound very plausible, as long as it makes the 11th you should have it before Christmas.. after 3 months of waiting my car should now be on its way to Thorne, ETA at Dealer is 10/12/12.

Tracking it across the channel is a bit difficult but will definitely keep you busy..the last few weeks of waiting are the worst!!

However your wait has been a walk in the park compared to most of us!
Cheers, fingers crossed it makes the ship on the 11th then, I've read stories of cars waiting for a boat for only a day, but also often a week or more, so hopefully I'll have a bit of luck! Annoyingly the production status on the BMW UK number seems to be at least 24 hours behind real time, so it's difficult to get an accurate status on it. For all I know the car has now departed the plant and is on its way to the port, but the latest update BMW had at 5pm was 'Bodyshop Start', which would either have been yesterday morning or this morning at the latest, but would only have been in that status for a couple of hours or so, so it's definitely out of date.

I think I was just lucky when I ordered, to get production so quickly after ordering; I definitely don't envy you guys with the longer waits, don't know how you do it. I had to wait for 4 months for my first MINI when they'd just come out a few years ago though, so I know what it's like; whatever the period, it's still not easy!