02-16-2017, 08:02 AM   #1066
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooeque View Post
What’s up guys I’ve been low-key stalking this thread for the past 2 months before finally deciding to jump on the bandwagon and get rid of those ugly halogens.

** note that you have to get the adapters with the big round openings(as linked above) if you want to use most LED H7 bulbs or else they won’t fit.

I also coded out the warm/cold checks + activated the `isLED` parameter for the front turn signals, low beam, high beam, and fog lights.

For some reason, my turn signals stay on while I’m driving, as indicated by the pics below. I’m wondering if I may have accidentally touched a setting since all the other pics don’t seem to have this “problem” but I think it gives a more unique look to the car .

** also note that in California, white turn signals for the front headlights are legal, and may/may not be in your state/country.

also my 2 cents regarding the installation:

- remove the mud flaps in front of the wheels before you start unscrewing the encased nut for the headlights. It gives you a lot more room and leverage.
- take it slow if it’s your first time (like me) doing anything to the car. I took one afternoon to just remove the bumper + flaps, another day to remove the old headlights and put the old ones one, and a third to put the flaps and bumper back and tighten all the bolts.

with all that being said, thanks to the previous modders that bit the bullet and tried these headlights out first and gave feedback so I can have a (relatively) smooth time installing mine
Good write up.

Did you make any modifications to the dust/weather caps?
As the fans on the back of the led low beam bulbs looks BIG!