08-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #536
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34 View Post
Not sure about the UK spec but here is the info I have put together regarding US/CDN M Sport Brakes.

2NH M Sport Brakes:
Front: 4-piston aluminum fixed-caliper brakes. 18", lightweight brake discs with interior ventilation and aluminum brake bowl. Brake calipers painted (blue), with M badge

Rear: 2-piston aluminum fixed-caliper brakes. 18", lightweight brake discs with interior ventilation and aluminum brake bowl. Brake calipers painted (blue), with M badge

Base 328i has single piston floating calipers on all four wheels. Base 335i has 4 piston fixed calipers up front and single piston floating calipers in the rear.

F30 328i - F 12.3" / R 11.8" | M Sport - F 13.4" / R 13.6"
F30 335i - F 13.4 / TBD | M Sport F 14.6" / 13.6")

EU/ROW spec, M-sport brakes (option code 2NH) are a factory-fitted option only available for cars with M Sport package and are identical to M-performance brakes (a dealer fit item from M-performance range), with two exceptions: Colour coded in blue instead of a choice of 4 colours for the M-performance version. Plain rotors instead of the slotted and grooved discs that come with the M-performance version. The discs are interchangeable between the two types of brakes as they are of the same size & same caliper design.

For US/CDN-spec, there are two types of M Sport brakes. The 335i M Sport, option 2NH is the same as EU/ROW-spec. The 328i M Sport, option 2NH means front calipers from a standard 335i (but with EU/ROW pads) and the calipers are in blue with M logo instead of the unpainted silver. Rear calipers are same as US/EU/ROW.
Thanks for that very handy just what i was looking for
Appreciate 0