01-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Does he run a garage? Or just from home? Maybe I should volunteer as it looks like you back the current file up first.
He's just one of the 'enthusiasts' on the UK E9x section and managed to get his 'Coders...' thread stickied for the benefit of UK members. He's been on there a while and seems a good guy. I seem to think he's a physio or something but I might be mixing him up with someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladester100 View Post
I don't really understand the ASS issue people have... I think mine is perfectly acceptable and if I'm not stopping for more than a few to five seconds the clutch remains dipped so no ASS activation - I appreciate the mechanics of it are different in an auto I presume tho? - surely you can just switch it off... A simple press after start, you've gotta hit start anyway!
I never minded it on my manual E91. Mainly because I never used it. But with the auto it's a real pain. And yes it can be disabled with a button press but that's a pain too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
ASS does get on my wick but only when you stop briefly, e.g. arrive at a junction and stop momentarily, see it's clear... oh hang on, engine needs to restart. To be fair though, it does restart pretty quick, and seems to be fairly smooth in mine, not this 'lurch' some people mention.
I just find it quite jarring. No lurch, just not pleasant.
Appreciate 0