View Single Post
      05-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #45
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk

A street driver is not going to be held back by the stock brakes. Yes, at the track, they are going to fade - but you are not going to be making a multiple back to back threshold stops from 80mph on the street. If you are, there are much more important considerations to take into account - such as venue.

I appreciate that many of you think you bought a sports car and your skills are such Sebastian Vettel would fear you if only you had access to better equipment. My years of instructing at the track tells me otherwise. Rare is the street driver that is even beginning to use the performance of his car, especially braking and cornering.
As arrogant as he is...he is correct.

If you bought an f30 as a performance car, you've bought the wrong car. Now if you've bought it as a family sedan which is fun as hell to drive...well done.

The brake upgrade won't do nearly as much good as trashing the oem tire for a better alternative. However it looks killer...and let's all be honest...we all know why some of us are getting the brake upgrade. They look badass. Will I ever use them to their potential? I hope not. But will I enjoy looking at them daily. Damn right I will.