View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

I Guess thats your way of saying you never optioned the BSM David? hehe..
Blind Spot is definitely not a myth, its just so much better to the be able to cruise on the freeway and find out how and where cars are positioned by glancing in mirrors and BSM..
Its not a side mirror replacement, more so just an added security measure.

Will try the mirror setup and see if that adds to the experience.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Driver 'blind spot' is a myth. When setting up your exterior mirrors correctly with respect to your driving position, there should be overlapping image between the inside rear vision mirror and appropriate exterior mirror.

Most people set their mirrors so they can see the sides of their cars when the driver is seated and facing the front. That setup is incorrect. The external mirrors need to be aimed further outwards so the sides of the car are not visible. You need to be able to see cars in adjacent lanes.

1- Get into the proper driving position.

2- Lean to your left so that your left cheek is pressing up against the door window. Then adjust your driver side mirror so you can just barely see the edge of the vehicle.

3- Lean to your right so your head is right in the centerline of the vehicle, adjust the passenger side mirror so you can barely see the edge of your vehicle.

4- Center mirror lines up straight back.

5- What blind spot?
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0