View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
Just took my car into the dealer to get a new tire from nail damage. I was hoping my virgin wheels wouldn't get scraped up at the dealer but not a chance. Seems like BMW can get the tires on without banging them up but no one even the dealer seems to be able to replace them without scraps all the way around the rim and dings on the outside.

I'm almost to the point of being desensitized and expect problems every time I take my car in. What would happen if I bought new rims, I would get them banged up brand new?

My last car I called all kinds of places and one claimed a touch-less process and all four were scraped up. Oh well.
The solution is to asked the dealer to now pay for a new set of wheels.
I'm serious. There is NO need for your wheels to be scraped and scratched. That results from carelessness by the installer, who is doing it the fast way not the correct way to keep your wheels protected.
And, their machine might be very old and doesn't have any protectors left on it.

I don't mind the black marks that the the result of tire material stretching across the wheel, that happens and it's normal. But, scratches and especially scrapes along/around the wheel are there because of the idiot who did the install. They should not be working in a tire shop if they don't know how to install tires without damaging the customers property, which is what has happened to your wheels, if they are now scraped and scratched.

Since the dealer employee did the damage, the the dealership is responsible to make things right and get either new wheels, or have your wheels fixed to your satisfaction.

You make the payments, or you paid your cash for your car. It's not the dealers choice nor the employees to damage your car and expect to get away with it.
Call the dealership owner on it. Start with the manager and work your way up if you need to.
Appreciate 0