12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #169
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong View Post
Yep, I'm extremely impressed. I also tried one commute with an already-warm engine and Eco Pro mode, and was able to squeeze out 36mpg over 14 miles of combined. Though it was more of a funny experience to try once -- if you want to drive your $60k BMW like that, you're better off just buying a Prius.
LOL nice. Well considering I have a heavy traffic commute, I don't really get to drive much different than I would in a Prius, at least half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong View Post
This car is really meant to be driven like a 335i that just happens to get 10-20% better gas mileage regardless of how you drive it.

EDIT: I'll also agree with the people earlier. Especially if you are leasing, the AH3 is not as expensive as the MSRP would make it out to be. In fact, for my lease, the AH3 costs $5 or so more per month than an equivalent 335i. If you're already looking at a 335i automatic and don't need xDrive, do give the ActiveHybrid a serious look.
I have told folks that.. but there seems to always be some hybrid discrimination (?). Several complaints about the extra 250lbs. But it doesn't feel like that much to me. Seems faster than a 335i to me, so I don't care that much about the weight. I did a purchase, and since 335i discounts were not rock-bottom, the AH3 was only about $1K more than a 335i spec'd out the same way.
Appreciate 0