01-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #37
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT View Post
Hi,

I just got my 328i last Fri. Only discovered that the engine oil is very high yesterday. Is it ok during run-in period ?

Tks
Huh? Is it at max u mean? In that case, thatīs where it should be. Run it in as the manual states. Dont nanny it, thats just bad for it. I drove dynamically when running it in, always AFTER it had reached working temp. Revved it often but NEVER above 4500 (maybe 3-4 times accidentally when missing to shift but were talking 5500 at max).

I changed the oil at 1000 miles, will do the next change at 2400 and then according to the comp at 4800. Had it changed at a BMW workshop, and they did NOT reset the comp since it would mess up the change interval for other things. And thats the way to go if you are gonna do extra oil changes inbetween. I will have the oil changed every 2400 miles so thats one extra change within the standard intervalls.

Why am I doing this? Im not leasing and I will keep the car for at least 6-7 years if not more depending on how it holds up.

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0