02-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #36
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
No C&D has not tested an F30/2 xdrive. I was referring to the rwd 335i they tested, they recorded 4.6s.

I still think for a non professional driver on all seasons to beat a professional driver on staggered summers is impressive, especially given this is his first attempt. I am sure with attempts to carry less weight and better tires he can take more time off
Like I said earlier in the thread, the DA plays a huge role in how the car runs in the 1/4 mile. From what we know, the OP had a really nice DA to run with. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that he beats what a magazine ran. You can also tell from his times (namely consistency) that launching an automatic AWD car is not exactly rocket science (i.e. doesn't need to be "professional" magazine driver).

A MT RWD car with high torque/power would require a lot more skill. These cars just require figuring out how to prevent the ECU from cutting power, the trans from short shifting and brake torquing the launch correctly. Also, I doubt staggered tires help in drag racing an AWD car like this, where the engine isn't really putting out enough torque - staggering tires is really for RWD cars (especially ones without LSD's) to provide added rear grip and neuter the throttle oversteer a bit (staggered tires create understeer).

Last edited by drob23; 02-23-2014 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0